- Connect the young adults of our community with mentors who they can reach out to for specific, useful, and personal career related advice, guidance and help accomplishing goals.
- Build relationships and networks that will prove invaluable in the professional world.
- Provide networking opportunities/events to inspire young adults to make educated and informed career decisions
- Our hope is that no young adult in our community should start off their careers without an established network
How SBH Young Professionals Helps
- Help Mentees navigate the career search environment including looking for the right internships, what are good starting salaries and what skills are important to master.
- Help figuring out a course plan for college, graduate school or other higher education.
- Help with Internship and Job Placement through our Career Services team and network of employers
- Help with balancing career and family life in our community.
- Help with making the most of your time, whether that be in school or in a professional setting.
How Does It Work?
Once we get to know a bit more about you, we will pair you up with a mentor that has experience in your field. After we introduce you to your mentor you can set a time convenient for the two of you to meet in person, and then stay in contact via email or phone every couple of weeks to build a relationship. Whenever you find yourself in need of a career-related clarity, or help making a decision, our hope is that you have someone to talk to who can offer insight. They will share their experiences and help you decide what might be best for you. GEM will be there every step of the way to help and insure everyone receives the best guidance possible.
Fields of Interest Include:
- Accounting & Finance
- Advertising & Marketing
- Digital Sales
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Merchandising
- Magazine & Online Publishing
- Medicine & Nursing
- Occupational Therapy
- Travel & Hospitality
- And More!
Please note that SBH Young Professionals is not intended to be a job placement program, rather a facet for community members to receive career guidance from other community members. If you are currently looking for a job or internship, SBH has a full team of professionals that are ready and willing to help. Please go to the CSN page and create an account. An intake specialist will be in touch with you as soon as possible.